[Vision2020] Here We Go Again

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Fri Feb 24 09:41:51 PST 2012

Of all the ills in the world that a faithful Christian leader could address, it was Obama's weak and incomplete attempt to assure medical coverage for millions of uninsured people that "put the fire in her belly"?

Really?

Was the devout Mrs. Santorum's belly simply neutral or stone-cold dead in the water when we invaded Iraq and killed many thousands of Iraqis and lost 4,000 of our soldiers -- and did so in the name of Jesus?  Did she squirm at all when hundreds of thousands of children in Africa died in the last decade from starvation -- in the continent her Savior walked?  Did she allow herself a wince or a grimace when the nation just south of us erupted in violence largely due to our country's misguided War on Drugs?  Anything there, Karen?  How about when Catholics and Protestants use the Bible to subjugate women all throughout the world, and do so while insisting that that subjugation is an intrinsic part of the Gospel?  Does the crude, violent carving out of a young girl's clitoris in parts of Africa and the Middle East -- ensuring that she remains sexually neutral and in subjection to her husband -- even flit onto her radar?  Is that not a moral issue, or does it not register because the girls aren't, at least, rendered infertile by the mutilation?  Finally, is the United State's moral rot evidenced not in the crudeness of our culture or the violence on our streets or the moral blindness of our budgets or in the contempt showered on the poor, but by Obamacare?

Clearly, Mrs. Santorum and I live in very, very different worlds indeed.

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com