[Vision2020] Here We Go Again

Art Deco art.deco.studios at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 08:44:45 PST 2012

*Washington Post*
Karen Santorum: husband’s presidential run is ‘God’s will’
By Sandhya Somashekhar<http://www.washingtonpost.com/sandhya-somashekhar/2011/03/09/ABnr9mP_page.html>

Rick Santorum’s wife granted a rare interview Thursday, telling
conservative talk show host Glenn Beck that she initially had been against
her husband running for president but finally concluded it was “God’s will.”

Speaking in deeply spiritual terms, Karen Santorum said she had been
reluctant to throw her support behind the idea because her husband’s failed
2006 Senate re-election campaign had been so brutal. Also, she said, her
husband had become more involved with the family after leaving the Senate,
and was even coaching Little League.

 But she said she prayed on the matter, and finally changed her mind after
the passage of the 2010 health care overhaul.

 “I did always feel in my heart that God had big plans for Rick. Eventually
it was there, tugging at my heart,” she said. “When Obamacare passed, that
was it. That put the fire in my belly.”

 Karen Santorum has been largely behind the scenes during the campaign,
busy in part taking care of the couple’s youngest child, Bella, who suffers
from a terminal disorder.

 She has been speaking out more lately, a shift that has coincided with
growing concerns on the part of the Republican's supporters that his
comments critical of contraception and some prenatal testing could harm his
standing among women.

 She turned up on Beck’s Internet television show toward the end of a more
extensive interview that began with Rick Santorum saying that his wife
loves the talk-show host – “loves you more than me sometimes,” he joked.

 Karen Santorum also defended her husband’s performance in Wednesday's
debate, saying that he was right to admit to having made mistakes while in
Congress. She said it is inevitable to sometimes lose one’s way in
Washington. “You really have to keep your prayer life in order,” she said,
“and really keep faith and family the top priority always. And keep your
feet on the ground. Because you can get lost.”

 By Sandhya Somashekhar<http://www.washingtonpost.com/sandhya-somashekhar/2011/03/09/ABnr9mP_page.html>
|  08:27
PM ET, 02/23/2012
--