[Vision2020] A couple of "We The People" petitions

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 5 10:25:48 PST 2012

Here are a couple of "We The People" petitions that people here on the
list might be interested in.

*Lower the national debt by expanding the government's use of Free
Software such as GNU/Linux and LibreOffice.*
http://wh.gov/kCq

*Reform copyright law to allow libraries to keep digital copies of
ebooks and other media.*
http://wh.gov/kBt

*Protect communities from the negative impacts of hydraulic fracturing
(fracking) and natural gas drilling.*
(since I didn't sign this one, I don't have a short link to it - it can
be found off of the open petitions page linked below)

If these particular petitions don't excite you, I recommend looking
through their list of open petitions to see if there is one you are
interested in:  https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/petitions

Since this is a new service and the numbers of people signing petitions
is still small, each person here can have a larger impact than they
otherwise would by jumping on this bandwagon early.

Paul