[Vision2020] The Evolution of Equality in a "Traditional Marriage"

deb debismith at moscow.com
Fri Feb 3 18:09:06 PST 2012

Does make one think about how reality is structured in a society---those
human rights  we take for granted are each and everyone hard-won battles. In
Idaho, we can't even add the words about non-discrimination for sexual
orientation, while in other states that ship has sailed to a new port called
"acceptance and legally binding".

Idaho is, indeed, a state of mind---that mind slammed shut in 1955, but we
just keep on keeping on with being in a past century...Why do we tolerate
this? Because we have "dumbed down" our populace through battering school
systems to the point of no return.

Uneducated and frightfully ignorant people  buy into the lies and posturings
of politicians who are working against those people's best interests. Scary
slogans, fear of "the other" (be it black, gay, Chicano/Latino, liberal) is
combined with religiosity to keep those in most need from calling out the
grafting politicians, and instead keep the poor and disenfranchised
frightened and voting for people who are selling them down the river
(slavery imagery intended).