[Vision2020] Huh?

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Wed Feb 1 21:02:53 PST 2012

Well, yes -- evil sometimes DOES build up an economy.  And it's true that human beings very often, then and now, allow themselves to become utterly corrupted by greed, violence, and hatred and thus build lives and societies based on everything that denigrates humanity but favors money.  But that's not a TOTALLY negative thing, I suppose, if you're a local pastor, for example, who even today makes money by analyzing positively -- however stupidly -- the very same slavery-affirming scenario.

On the other hand, if you esteem human life and the justice that affirms it over profit, it's not only totally negative, but unforgivable and irredeemable.  The relative success of an economy built on evil has eternal, if not temporal, consequences that ought to terrify those who choose wrongly.  Brian Rieck ought to spend the rest of his life pondering the difference between success as a time-bound attainment and success that leads to eternal reward.  That he and his Tea Party pals don't see the distinction is proof positive that only in leaving that movement will he and others begin to grasp how little their "positive economic attainments" really matter.

The question, I suppose, is this:  How much blood will be on their hands until they repent?

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com