[Vision2020] Huh?

Gary Crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Sun Dec 23 04:41:36 PST 2012

"...why is every conservative favorably inclined toward the NRA plan..."

I don't believe that I have heard anybody, certainly none on this forum who jump for joy over the proposal. Speaking for myself, I would hope for a different solution. My only defense was to the absurd claims that were made as to how the plan couldn't be implemented in a timely manner, A defense borne out buy the fact that many schools have implemented a similar plan already.

A thought that occurs to me that might be a direct help in matters such as this would be for the NRA and government to team up in a massive education campaign. The main thrust of which would be to encourage firearms owners to obtain and religiously use decent quality gun safes to store their weapons. This could be combined with a government incentive in the form of a tax credit to help offset the expense of the purchase. Had the Sandyhook shooters mom had her rifle properly secured we might be having a different conversation.