[Vision2020] Huh?

Ron Force rforce2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 22 14:43:24 PST 2012

Just back from Guatemala, where private security guards are ubiquitous: hotels, apartments, banks and stores all have prominent gun-toting guards, some uniformed,others not. None in the schools, though. The weapon of choice is a pistol-gripped 12gauge pump. Our guide remarked that it was the Guatemalan equivalent of Social Security. When you got too old to work, some business hired you and gave you a chair, a gun, and half the minimum wage.

BTW, we met many Mayans, including a Shaman who did a blessing ceremony for the new Baktun. The calendar rolled over without inciden, so it must have worked!