[Vision2020] Local Area Opinion - Guns in Schools

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 13:15:54 PST 2012

Polls of this nature usually suffer from selection biases, since they make
no attempt to take a random sample or to ensure that the sample is
representative of the population. They are useless. Before Bush 1 ran
against Clinton, Rush Limbaugh took a listener poll and 87% of his
listeners were voting for Bush. Why should we believe this poll is any more
representative of the general public than Limbaugh's poll?