[Vision2020] A Solution to a Problem - Or a Political Agenda?

Wayne Price bear at moscow.com
Fri Dec 21 11:09:45 PST 2012

Strikes me as a political agenda as there was NOTHING mentioned about
the mental health and school security issues even being looked at!

"President Obama has picked Vice President Joe Biden to lead a task
force to investigate and come up with a proposal to help stop gun
violence.In a press conference Wednesday morning, Obama said that the
group will “concrete proposals no later than January -- proposals that
I then intend to push without delay. ”President Obama has picked Vice
President Joe Biden to lead a task force to investigate and come up
with a proposal to help stop gun violence. “This is not some
Washington commission,” the president explained.  “This is not
something where folks are going to be studying the issue for six
months and publishing a report that gets read and then pushed aside.
This is a team that has a very specific task to pull together real
reforms right now.”He added that just because the issue of gun control
is complex “can no longer be an excuse for doing nothing. ”According
to Fox News, Obama said that he had picked Biden because of his role
in the 1994 assault-weapons ban, which expired in 2004. Obama did not
make any specific policy announcements and assured Americans that
their gun rights will be protected. “The fact is the vast majority of
gun owners in America are responsible.  But you know what -- I am also
betting that the majority, the vast majority of responsible law-
abiding gun owners would be some of the first to say that we should be
able to keep an irresponsible law-breaking few from buying a weapon of
war,” he explained.  The president also asked Congress to act on the
issue as soon as possible. Lawmakers have already begun calls for
stricter laws and California Sen. Dianne Feinstein already said that
she will re-introduce the 1994 assault weapons ban."