[Vision2020] Idaho prison population percentages

Robert Dickow dickow at turbonet.com
Sat Dec 15 11:14:18 PST 2012

On 12/14/2012 9:32 PM, Darrell Keim wrote:

<snip>.Did you know the Idaho state prison population is 6400?  In 1974 it
was 614.  I don't claim that mental health issues account for this
96%(!!!!!!!) increase.  But, I'd bet my eye teeth that it DOES represent a
good chunk of it..</snip>.

Nah. it's not a question of mental health. It's that people are getting
smarter-better educated. As times get tougher, the smart people realize that
prison represents the (almost) ideal welfare program. Warmth, a bed, regular
exercise and meals, health care, etc., all are provided. All you have to do
is rob a bank, get caught, and then give up a little freedom for a while.

Bob Dickow, troublemaker