[Vision2020] [corrected] Otter wants health insurance market state-run

Robert Dickow dickow at turbonet.com
Wed Dec 12 10:36:55 PST 2012

Really? I thought I read somewhere that Idaho drivers were among the worst
in the nation, in such areas as tail-gating (maybe that a joke?), drunk
driving,  traffic fatality  rates, and some other areas. . But let me do a
little more homework on the actual figures here.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the 'characteristics of Idaho citizen drivers'
part. Maybe Idahoans have lower insurance more because they generally can
only afford cheap old second-hand clunkers, which don't require as much
collision coverage. The vehicles also tend to be broken down and
off-the-road at higher frequencies (you'll see them sitting on peoples'
lawns and in barnyards in the countryside), rendering them statistically
harmless. ;-) My beloved 1985 Volvo sedan is in this category.

Bob Dickow, troublemaker