[Vision2020] Thunderstorm

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 8 12:13:59 PST 2012

It could just be, you know, weather.

The jet stream happens to be flowing right over the top of us right now,
pretty much north to south.  We've had warmer air around us (relatively
speaking) for a while now.  Maybe that caused it?  We're on the edge of
a huge cold front that is hitting (or is about to hit) the Midwest.

I'm sure the climate scientists have attributed this to global warming
somewhere along the line, and by assumption excess CO2.

Personally, looking back on all the winters I've spent here, the only
trend I see is unpredictability.  We get bad winters, mild winters,
winters where it gets really cold around the holidays but not much snow,
winters where it's OK in December but a snowy mess in February, winters
where not much happens, etc.  I haven't found an easy way to predict
them, especially in ENSO-neutral winters like this one.

Does anyone else see a trend I'm missing?

Joe: am I allowed to repeat what I've seen on the weather channel and
reminisce about past winters, or do I need to be a bonafide climate
scientist for that?  I'm still trying to figure out the rules.

Paul