[Vision2020] Vet to Farmer Program

Rosemary Huskey donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Sun Aug 26 16:05:16 PDT 2012

I often watch a PBS show called Growing a Greener World.  This week featured
a new program for returning veterans that is absolutely fabulous.  It was
begun by a vet who was recovering from wounds and PTSD issues and
reminiscing a couple of years ago about the how happy he was as a child
growing up on a farm.  That insight encouraged him to start a small fruit
and vegetable farm in Florida for returning veterans who needed a supportive
and understanding work environment - as he himself did.  Growing things help
to repairs souls, bodies and minds.  I urge all of you to check it out here:

http://www.growingagreenerworld.com/category/episodes/season-three/

It makes me wonder if something like this could happen here.

Rose Huskey