[Vision2020] Fwd: KRFP Updates: Barsamian visit, full-power progress, DJ applications

KRFP krfp at radiofreemoscow.org
Mon Aug 13 12:56:30 PDT 2012

*KRFP to Host David Barsamian, Media Critic**
Save the date: Tuesday, August 28, 6:30-9:30 p.m. at the 1912 Building
in Moscow. David Barsamian is coming to town! Barsamian is the
award-winning founder and director of Alternative Radio, the independent
weekly audio series based in Boulder, Colorado. It is a special treat to
be able to host Barsamian. You can read more about him at
http://www.alternativeradio.org/pages/about-barsamian.
Suggested donation: $10. Beer and wine are available for purchase. We
are seeking volunteers to donate snacks, as well. Please reply to this
email if you would like to donate a vegetable tray, cookies, or some
other finger food.

Full-Power Progress
We have recently purchased a Studio Transmitter Link (STL), a vital
component in our full-power FM project. By buying it used, we saved over
$6000! We will continue to seek savings where possible, to make the best
use of your donations. See “Support KRFP” at http://radiofreemoscow.org/
for ways to donate to this project.

DJ Applications Available Soon
Watch our website, http://radiofreemoscow.org/, for Fall 2012 DJ
applications, to be posted soon. Being a DJ is fun, easier than you
think, and allows you to reach a local audience with your views and music. *