[Vision2020] [more] Look See What Tri-State is Promoting . . .

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 12 14:50:23 PDT 2012

I think that possibility is about as slim as Paul's suggestion that someone with a CCW permit and a weapon may have stopped the bloodshed at Aurora.

But I've heard the argument made at CCW classes that it's responsible people who apply for such permits and who actually carry legally. While I generally agree that most people with permits are law-abiding, the fact is that there isn't any fool-proof way to make sure that only people who will use weapons responsibly will actually receive such permits.

I say this as someone who supports such permits. But I don't think that the training you need to get one in any way makes the average permit holder capable of taking on someone like the guy in Aurora and stopping him; I think that's just a fantasy.

Sunil