[Vision2020] [more] Look See What Tri-State is Promoting . . .

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 12 09:14:37 PDT 2012

I guess there's no point in looking for other examples. Pre-planned,
well-executed mass-murders just aren't common enough to give you those
statistics and the percentage of CWP holder is (I'm guessing) relatively
small, and most of these killing sprees happen in gun-free zones where
law-abiding permit holders wouldn't be armed anyway.  This NY Times
article claims that the Aurora theater banned firearms (even to permit
holders), which places it in the category of "gun-free zones" too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/21/us/colorado-gun-laws-remain-lax-despite-changes-after-columbine.html?_r=1

If someone had you pinned down in a dark theater and you feared for your
life wouldn't you want some way to defend yourself?  I don't get this
rabid anti-gun rhetoric.  I notice the ban firearms policy didn't stop
James Holmes from going on his killing spree. Metal detectors wouldn't
have helped, either, because he left and came back through the exit
doors which wouldn't have had them anyway.  Even a complete firearms ban
country-wide wouldn't have helped because I doubt he would have had
qualms about purchasing guns on the black market.  It might have taken
him longer to prepare, is all.

Short of a 1984-esque society, I don't know how you could stop this kind
of thing.  Even if they were successful, this guy could have done what
he did with a satchel full of Molotov cocktails. So why not even the
odds and allow people the option of personal defense?

Paul