[Vision2020] Say What?

deb debismith at moscow.com
Wed Apr 25 19:37:28 PDT 2012

BINGO! Thanks, Keely. We never seem to notice that the "bare minimum" food-stuffs we provide for the poor actually KILL THEM. Native American populations have a much higher rate of diabetes, heart disease, and respiratory ailments because of the "subsistance" foods provided them through the "largesse" of the government. people in poverty have access only to high fat, high sugar, processed sinthesized food-like substances. Food stamps will get you fresh food if you have access to it. Many neighborhoods in poverty areas have no access to grocery store---7-11 is their "grocery". If you are living in a car, with no way to cook food, you can't get that very inexpensive already cooked roast chicken from Winco on your food stamps. You can, however, buy potato chips and candy...you can't buy vitamin supplements, but you can buy seeds to plant food---where you can plant them? Hmmmmm....
Just sayin'
Debi R-S