[Vision2020] MHS on You Tube

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 14:46:29 PDT 2012

Albums as pop art were taking over from the pop single as a dominant
format in the music business in the late 1960s, and in 1969 the number
one album was "Abbey Road" by the Beatles.

I can guarantee that if any public lip synching by I and my friends at
Moscow High in 1969 occurred, it would not have been to "Sugar,
Sugar."

Yikes!

Maybe "House Burning Down" by Jimi Hendrix from "Electric Ladyland,"
released Oct. 1968, or "Revolution" by John Lennon from the late 1968
Beatles' the "White Album" or numerous other songs of import too
numerous to list from the explosion in creativity in music
characteristic of that time period.

Vinyl was the dominant music carrier format in those days, and unlike
8-track, is still commercially viable in 2012, as I write... Hastings
in Moscow has been carrying a large selection of new vinyl, so this is
not just a used vinyl market.
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett