[Vision2020] Moscow Elected Officials and Commitment

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Apr 18 08:13:43 PDT 2012

Greetings Mayor Chaney and Moscow City Council members -

It is my understanding that Councilman Walter Steed could not participate in Monday night's city council session as he was away on vacation in Europe.

Elected city officials (regardless of which side of the political aisle) should be held into account for failing to fulfill their municipal obligations. Anything short of that merely encourages a lack of responsibility and commitment to the people of Moscow.

I suggest that the city, for the sake of its citizens, maintain a record of absences as a matter of public record, and be made publicly accessible online when each elected official is up for reelection.  This can be easily accomplished as an added "tally" under the city website heading "Meet the Council".

It's only right!

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"If not us, who?
If not now, when?"