[Vision2020] Parks and Dogs

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 14 12:39:20 PDT 2012

This is just an amazing coincidence! I just wrote a similar letter to send to Nancy. Here it is;
 Dear Honorable Mayor Chaney,

I wanted to share with you an experience I just had this January while playing outside with my polar bear. After going to the fairgrounds, this is a favorite place for little Pola to play, as he is an 800 lb white bear who needs to be able to run freely in the snow and ice to get the exercise he needs. Shockingly we were approached by a city employee and told that I had to leash my bear. She told me he can only play in the ice rink.

This is very upsetting as I have been to the fairgrounds dozens and dozens of times to play with my polar bear. I have witnessed dozens and dozens of other people using the fairgrounds to exercise off-leashed animals. The ice rink is a tiny fenced in area overcrowded with people and I refuse to take my polar bear there. Where can I take my polar bear in the big empty state of Idaho with national parks in the winter on a Saturday morning at 8am to play? Is there a park in this town where polar bears can be off-leash? I have been chased out of East City Park and now I have been chased out of the fairgrounds.

It appears to me that the city and the parks and recreation department are doing a poor job in providing places at tax-paying citizens expense for bear-loving people to a have place to take their pets to get exercise and enjoy their parks off leash. Please get back to me when you have the chance.

Thank you.

Donovan Arnold