[Vision2020] Fw: Plant Sale update

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Mon Apr 9 11:01:35 PDT 2012

-----Original message-----

From: Whitepine chapter INPS whitepine.chapter at gmail.com
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2012 23:18:48 -0700
To: White Pine Chapter contacts whitepine.chapter at gmail.com
Subject: Plant Sale update

We finally have confirmation of details for the plant sale which the
chapter will hold. It will be held
*Saturday May 26 8 a.m. until 1 p.m*. at the *1912 Center in the Arts
Room*(southwest corner).
Setup will be Friday May 25 late afternoon/early evening.
Hopefully the sale will help to increase the number of and awareness of
native plants in local gardens.

This is the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend which may be a problem for
some wanting to help however it has advantages in other ways.
There will be a rug sale in the Great Room as well that day which will be
heavily advertised so we hope that with our publicity and with people
coming to the rug sale (which starts at 10) we will have good turnout.

We are purchasing some plants from Pleasant Hill Farms which grows native
plants from local seed and will sell these at the sale. Some of us who have
native plants in our gardens or on our property are potting up seedlings or
starts of native plants as they come up (finally the snow is nearly gone).
I think a few people have planted seeds so we may have seedlings to sell as
well.
Let us know if

   1. you have plants you will share (or know of someone who might share)
   as we will be trying to put together a plant list,
   2. you need help with plants you have, or need pots, labels, etc,
   3. you can volunteer to help divide and pot up some plants in the next
   week or so,
   4. you can help with publicity (posting flyers, etc),
   5. you can provide cookies or other "extras,
   6. you have other ideas - since this is our first we need plenty of your
   ideas and advice.

If you have native plant or gardening books which might be appropriate for
the sale and which you no longer use, please consider donating them for the
sale.

Thanks for your help,

White Pine chapter officers
Nancy Miller