[Vision2020] The KKK and the Tea Party

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 06:39:37 PDT 2012

You know Republicans have a weak argument when they have to refer to the Lincoln Administration as the last time they did something for civil rights without the aid and backing of the Democrats. And sadly, Lincoln was a Unionist, not a Republican when he did it. He also picked an incompetent drunk Democrat over any other sober Republican as a running mate. Something any reasonable president would consider even today.

Sure, the Republican Party has changed since the 1860s. But it hasn't significantly since Hank Johnson was handing out fliers in Aryan Nations land a decade ago. Their platform of anti-civil rights, anti-gay, spend on military, cut social programs, cut taxes for the rich, rack up the deficit, has been going on for more than just the last ten years as Mr. Johnson claims and certainly before his umbilical cord was cut.

Power grabs are also nothing new for politicians. And neither party has a monopoly on that area. Gerrymandering to manipulate the Congressional districts and increase power of a party or special interest has been going on continuously since before anyone living today first drew breath. It was even done before representation was established by what fraction of a person a slave was in Congressional districting.

The only reason a politician is willing to do debates is because they have to do so. When a party is the super majority, the other side just gets to talk to the wall, because nobody is listening. It happens to both political parties where they are minority.

Most Republicans don't like you Hank. They never have since I have known you. They tolerated your radical right wing ideals. You couldn't get elected by the student Republicans at UI despite your numerous attempts and that the numbers where there. You have passion, which is good. You just need to channel it to a worthy cause besides radical right wing theories and you would do a lot of good for the community. Instead you are just being a loose cannon rolling on the deck of a ship and going off at random, freaking everyone out. Republicans like to control everything, They like order and rank, and tradition. You don't fit that mold, you are its antithesis.

Did you know Ronald Reagan let millions of people die by blocking funding research for AIDS because he thought it was only gays that got it. Hows that grab you? Still your hero?

Donovan Arnold