[Vision2020] Say What?

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 3 06:58:57 PDT 2012

Nick and Saundra,

Don't confuse Santorum with facts: He has a war to fight.

What I find interesting is the kind of class warfare that's acceptable to some Republicans; or maybe to all of us, just so this isn't a D-R fight.

Santorum, highly educated himself, is using the old R playbook and attacking 'cultural elites.' That's permissible, and one can campaign all day on that.

But when we really talk about the distribution of wealth, and regressive tax policies, that's class warfare, and we should not talk about it. Romney says we should talk about tax policy and wealth distribution in quiet rooms.

http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news_columnists_ezorn/2012/01/shhhh-romney-wants-economy-talk-in-quiet-rooms.html

When wealth is distributed to the top; when wars that enrich companies like Halliburton are waged, that's not class warfare.

But when you say, 'We're getting screwed,' it is. And Wall Street does just fine, whether it's Ds or Rs in charge; they fund them all and get a great return on their investment.

I recommend Matt Taibbi's 'Griftopia' for anyone who wants a colorful look at the results of deregulation, and his take on Obamacare.

Sunil