[Vision2020] Same-sex households increase 73 percent in Idaho

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Sep 27 16:37:12 PDT 2011

Courtesy of the Idaho Statesman at:

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2011/09/27/1818138/2010-census-same-sex-households.html

------------------------------
2010 Census: Same-sex households increase 73 percent in Idaho

The number of Idaho households with same-sex couples increased 73.3 percent in the past 10 years, according to new figures from the 2010 U.S. Census released on Tuesday.
Idaho reported 1,873 same-sex households in the 2000 Census; in 2010 the number increased to 3,245.
Of Idaho’s same-sex households, 1,765 are unmarried same-sex couples and 1,480 are same-sex couples with recognized marriages.
Nationwide, the number of same-sex households increased 51.8 percent, from 594,391 to 901,997, during the same period.
Slightly more than a half-percent, .56, of Idaho households have same-sex couples; the national rate is .77 percent.
While Idaho posted the nation’s sixth-largest percentage increase in same-sex households, it is one the states with the fewest number of same-sex households.
Only six states report fewer same-sex households than Idaho: Alaska, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont and Wyoming.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"When I was in the military they gave me a medal for killing two men and a discharge for loving one."

~Epitaph of Leonard P. Matlovich, 1988