[Vision2020] Canada to Build Twenty-foot Fence if Perry Elected

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Sep 22 13:09:31 PDT 2011

Courtesy of the Borowitz Report at:

http://www.borowitzreport.com/

------------------------------
Canada to Build Twenty-foot Fence if Perry Elected
Could Be Electrified, Border Officials Warn
OTTAWA (The Borowitz Report) – Canada warned today that if Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX) is elected President of the United States in 2012, it would take the “regrettably necessary step” of constructing a 20-foot fence along its entire border with the U.S.

“This is a step that we don’t take lightly,” said Canadian Border Security Minister Ian McLarrity.  “However, we must protect ourselves from the prospect of millions of Americans pouring over the border.”

Mr. McLarrity said that Canadian border officials were alarmed by the volume of panicky comments regarding Americans’ migratory plans in the event of a Perry win posted on websites ranging from National Public Radio to Huffington Post.

“We are taking this threat very seriously,” he said.  “We will electrify the fence if necessary.”

Perhaps taking the lead from Canada, Mexican officials said today that in the event of a Perry victory it would install tollbooths in its secret underground tunnels, which would require travelers to provide documentary evidence that they are members of a drug cartel in order to gain entry to Mexico.

At a campaign stop in Florida today, Gov. Perry addressed the prospect of an electrified fence being erected on the United States’ northern border.

“My position on electrocution is a matter of public record,” he said.  “I’m for it.”

Seeya round town, Moscow.