[Vision2020] Hypocrisy (was RE: September 11th Memorial Events)

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Fri Sep 16 13:12:54 PDT 2011

Sunil,

You wrote:

"No, it's not clearer because you started by misrepresenting what Paul was
saying, as he's already pointed out. Since you ignored that point in your
reaction to his post, I'll bring it up again."

That's a valid criticism with some qualification you may or may not care
about.

Somehow, I missed Wayne's post with the crackpot comment - I didn't get that
email & it wasn't included at the bottom of Paul's response.  And, due to
the html formatting of Paul's response with no quotes to clarify who was
saying what as well as more significantly poor reading on my part, I
completely missed that the preceding paragraph wasn't Paul's writing but
rather something Paul was responding to.  The fault there clearly lies with
me - when I went looking for Wayne's post last night in the online V2020
archive, I also found Paul's response in plain text, and in plain text, it
was clear as day text who wrote what.  My apologies to Paul & to everyone
else for not reading more carefully & catching that.

I hope you can understand now that my misrepresentation wasn't intentional
and why Paul's "Jim Wilson is nice & respectful" comments incorrectly seemed
like a non sequitur to me.  Additionally, my understanding going back a
couple/few years is that Jim Wilson really doesn't have anything to do with
the annual block party - I was told that by one of the Nuart volunteers back
when Jim Wilson (mostly) retired.

However, when I responded Tuesday to your email, Sunil, I hadn't seen
Wayne's "crackpot" email & Paul didn't post his clarification until
Wednesday -- the day following my response.  I don't think you're being fair
in accusing me of "ignoring" Paul's clarification before he posted it.  Now,
if I missed something else before that, please feel free to point it out to
me.

You also wrote:

"But I still like Jim. I don't agree with him and don't endorse his views,
but I like him. It's how I feel, independent of my beliefs."

Yes, you've made that quite clear now as before.  Each of us is entitled to
our opinions.  Of course.

Saundra

Moscow, ID

nothing.