[Vision2020] Hypocrisy (was RE: September 11th Memorial Events)

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 15 06:41:44 PDT 2011

Saundra,

No, it's not clearer because you started by misrepresenting what Paul was saying, as he's already pointed out. Since you ignored that point in your reaction to his post, I'll bring it up again.

You just wrote, "Sunil, you asked where I was “going with this,” and in a nutshell, Paul’s argument that the anti-choice block party on 9/11 must be OK because Jim Wilson is “nice” and “respectful” is a non sequitur logical fallacy."

Well, of course! And you can say stuff like that all day if you make things up and claim people said them. But Paul didn't argue that the party (he didn't call it 'anti-choice,' but you know that) must be OK because he thought Jim Wilson is 'an extremely nice and respectful individual.'

That's not the premise of Paul's argument. It never was. The logical fallacy is of your making, not his.

He said those words after Wayne referred to Jim as a 'crackpot' and 'now gaga.' He had already stated his view that the party didn't bother him the day before.

You've given your reasons for your opinion of Jim. It's quite clear now, as it was before, that you don't like or respect him, or the Nuart ministry. And I'm not trying to argue with you about your views. And if every claim you make is true, they I don't agree with what they've done.

But I still like Jim. I don't agree with him and don't endorse his views, but I like him. It's how I feel, independent of my beliefs.

Sunil