[Vision2020] Hypocrisy (was RE: September 11th Memorial Events)

Rosemary Huskey donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Sun Sep 11 20:06:30 PDT 2011

Gary, you old rascal, I'm sorry to read that you are still toting the load
for Doug and the Toadies.  You are not getting any younger and the load is
not getting any lighter.  Actually, given the difficulty of ever achieving
the separation of church and state in Idaho, the outcome on the Appellate
level was a foregone conclusion.   You may not recall we won on the County
level.  Grinding Doug's nose in the dirt wasn't the reason Saundra and I
chose to shine the spotlight on Doug's use of tax exempt property to provide
a hidey-hole for his congregation members to operate their for-profit
driving school.  Nor, was it the reason that we objected to the presence of
a for-profit, private boys school in Jim Wilson's NuArt operation.  We
believed then, as we continue to believe now, that tax exempt property
should not be permitted to concurrently permit for-profit business to enjoy
a free ride at taxpayers' expense (not to mention the sneaky violation of
community zoning laws).  Doug and Jim Wilson are not above the law despite
the fact that they wrap themselves in scripture.  It does, however, make
them hypocrites, which is another story for another day.

Further, and just to clarify my position, I don't believe that any church
(or religious organization) should enjoy the privilege of tax exempt status.
I believe in complete separation of church and state.

Hope you had a nice summer.

Rose