[Vision2020] Huh?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Sep 4 11:05:27 PDT 2011

"Furthermore, we invite and encourage Exxon Mobile and their hauler to
utilize Moscow as their stopover for motels and the purchase of food, fuel
and other supplies when they halt loads at the Latah-Benewah County line."

- Documentation submitted by Councilman Walter Steed to the city council
on May 16, 2011.

http://www.moscowcares.com/051611_07_MegaloadPubForumRep.htm

Now, let me see if I have this right . . .

Wally . . . er uh . . . Councilman Steed is suggesting that the people
transporting the megaload, once they have secured it at the Benewah/Latah
County line at about 5:00 AM, carpool it back to Moscow to obtain motel
accommodations, food, fuel (which I guess they will store in gas cans),
and "other" supplies.  Then, after they check out of their motel rooms,
hotfoot it back to the Benewah/Latah County line, op into their
megaload-hauling rigs, and drive through Coeur d'Alene?

Yep.  This is gonna happen.  Right, Wally . . . I mean . . . Councilman
Steed?

I can hardly wait until tomorrow night's city council session when the
Sustained Environment Commission Report/Recommendations are discussed.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Author Unknown