[Vision2020] who pays for Megaload cops?

Bill London london at moscow.com
Fri Sep 2 13:38:38 PDT 2011

According to newspaper reports, about 25 local cops (17 Moscow, 9 county) were at the latest megaloads confrontation Thurs night in downtown Moscow.

Who is paying for all the overtime for those officers?  I called David Duke (Moscow police chief) who said that we are.  The taxpayers.  You.  Me.  Us.  We are spending money to help the world’s richest corporation (Exxon/Mobil) get their equipment delivered on time.

Thankfully, Duke said that the city council will be discussing this issue on Tuesday (Sept 6) at their regular meeting.  I hope the council tells Exxon to pay those costs.

BL