[Vision2020] Al Gore thinks climate "deniers" are akin to racists from the Old South

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 12:14:39 PDT 2011

I'd like to get some vision2020 members opinions on this.  Here is an
article from the Huffington Post where in an interview Al Gore talks
about "winning the conversation" with climate deniers which refers to
how racist comments were basically shunned in everyday conversations
after the civil rights movement occurred.

Here is the article:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/30/gore-climate-change-deniers_n_940802.html

Do you think it's legitimate to treat talk of skepticism of
anthropogenic global warming in the same way that we do racist language
today?

Should I, as a climate skeptic, be told that "we don't talk about that
here in polite conversation" when I have a question about something
related to the science of climate change?

Just curious if I sound like everyone's uncle that everybody seems to
have that embarrasses you every time you go out in public with him.

Is that really a healthy attitude to have about scientific skepticism?

Paul