[Vision2020] China Announces ‘Occupy America’

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Oct 28 08:12:38 PDT 2011

Courtesy of the Borowitz Report at:

http://www.borowitzreport.com/

------------------------------
China Announces ‘Occupy America’
Mysterious Movement’s Goals Unclear

BEIJING – The Chinese government raised eyebrows around the world today by announcing a mysterious national movement called “Occupy America.”

In a brief statement, the Chinese government said that while Occupy America was “not exactly a protest movement,” its effects would be felt in “every city, town and Wal-Mart in America.”

Hinting that the movement had widespread support in China, the statement said that Occupy America “would have the full participation of approximately 1.3 billion Chinese.”

At the State Department, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said that the goals of Occupy America “remain unclear,” adding, “The official policy of the U.S. government towards things we don’t fully understand is to do nothing.”

Later, after a phone call with Chinese officials, Secretary Clinton said she came away feeling reassured: “They told me that Occupy America actually started thirty years ago.”

Elsewhere, to mark the Statue of Liberty’s 125th birthday, police across the country beat up protesters.

Seeya round town, Moscow.