[Vision2020] Mark Braverman to Speak on U of I Campus

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Oct 18 06:02:05 PDT 2011

Courtesy if a friend and fellow Viz subscriber.

------------------------------
Mark Braverman to speak on U of I Campus
Dr. Mark Braverman, internationally renowned clinical psychologist and author, is a Jewish American and full time activist for a just peace in Israel and Palestine.  He speaks and writes extensively supporting Palestinian land rights and coexistence in historic Palestine.  He will be speaking on the University of Idaho campus at 7 PM on October 19th, 2011. Hosting Dr. Braverman on the Palouse will present a great opportunity for students, community members and organizations to benefit from his depth of knowledge, humane action-oriented approach, and applied diverse expertise.

In a series of planned activities with Dr. Braverman, our communities will come together to ask difficult questions, reexamine possibilities, and connect our local and global concerns and actions.  http://markbraverman.org/

October 19, 2011 planned events:

·      12:00-1:30 pm: the Unitarian Universalist Church of the Palouse, 420 East 2ndStreet, interfaith gathering.  Topic:  “Beyond Interfaith Dialogue: Faith Communities and the Quest for Peace in Israel/Palestine” (lunch included)

·      4:00-5:00 pm: Clearwater Room, University of Idaho Commons. ASUI Student Engagement and Leadership Programs campus conversation.  Facilitated Topic: “Asking the hard questions”

·      7:00 pm: Administration Auditorium, open lecture.  Topic: “When Politics Fail – the grassroots movement that will bring peace to Israel/Palestine.”

We look forward to your support, attendance, and participation.   For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sally Perrine sperrine at potlatch.com and Rula Awwad-Rafferty rulaa at uidaho.edu

Dr. Braverman's visit is sponsored and made possible by The Palouse Peace Coalition, The University of Idaho Martin Institute, Office of Human Rights Access and Inclusion, ASUI Student Engagement and Leadership Programs, the Unitarian Universalist Church of the Palouse, Community Congregational United Church of Christ, Shekinah Christian Community, Peace and Justice Action League of Spokane (PJALS), and the generous donations of numerous individuals

Seeya round town, Moscow.