[Vision2020] PR - Tree Commission Offers Class

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Oct 7 15:23:37 PDT 2011

Translation:  Next Thursday's megaload convoy will consist of seven or
eight ultra-megaloads.  I'm talkin' forty feet wide, 500 feet long, 25
feet high, weighing in at a sultry 1,450,000 pounds.

I'm guessin' that this is the city's way of savin' a few bucks with a
little "hands on" training for our community-minded citizens.

(jus' jokin')

Sounds like a class that will be well appreciated, Steph.

On Fri, October 7, 2011 3:05 pm, Stephanie Kalasz wrote:
> City of Moscow
> 206 E Third Street
> Moscow, ID 83843
> Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
> p     |  208-883-7006
> e     |   griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>
> w    |  www.ci.moscow.id.us<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us>
>
> PRESS RELEASE
> Moscow Tree Commission Offers Free Hands-on Tree Pruning Class
>
> October 7, 2011 (Moscow, Idaho) - The City of Moscow's Tree Commission is
> continuing its series of free public tree care sessions with a hands-on
> tree pruning class at Ghormley Park on Saturday, October 15, at 2 p.m.,
> beginning at the picnic shelter.  Tree Commission members and tree
> experts, David Rauk and Geoff Potter will lead the class.  Both Rauk and
> Potter are certified by the International Society of Arboriculture and
> offer a wealth of experience and knowledge.
>
> This is the third in a series of classes which are being held as part of
> the Moscow Tree Commissions commitment to providing tree education
> opportunities to the community.
>
> Join the City of Moscow Tree Commission to learn about tree care, proper
> cuts, pruning do's and don'ts, proper tool selection and use.  No
> registration is necessary and this class is free and open to the public.
> Attendees are asked to dress appropriately for the weather as the class
> will be held rain or shine.
>
> ###
>
> Story Contact: Tom Grundin, Parks & Facilities Manager
> Phone: 208.883.7098
> Email: tgrundin at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:tgrundin at ci.moscow.id.us>
>

> The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring
> responsible use of resources. We anticipate and meet the needs of our
> diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of
> community.

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Author Unknown