[Vision2020] Rick Perry's Newest Problem

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 08:01:17 PDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Paul Rumelhart <godshatter at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Of course I'm not saying that they shouldn't be offended or insulted.  I'm
> saying that shouldn't be enough to force the people who named the place to
> have to change it, either through the law or through social pressure.  Can't
> we live in a world that has things others find offensive?

I'm struggling to find the core of your argument. It's not that
"people should have the right to say offensive things," which is what
you seem to think it is. It's this: "Out of obstinate inertia, the
government should continue to say offensive things on the behalf of
people now dead."

I cannot understand why anyone would prefer this.