[Vision2020] Herman Cain's Extra-Marital Relations

Jay Borden jborden at datawedge.com
Wed Nov 30 00:02:50 PST 2011

You asked me how adultery is not also perjury.

I explained it to you.

(If you wish, I can also patiently explain why Superman would inevitably lose in a battle with Mighty Mouse, and how Kevin Kostner keeps making such horrible movies).

Clinton never admitted to adultery… Clinton’s own (infamous) public statement said “I never had sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky”.  (I think in the videos I remember seeing he even thumped his fist on the table for effect…)

If I remember correctly, what got Clinton into trouble was his admission (or denial) that there was “anything between he and Lewinsky”.   He spouted off his famous “depends on what your definition of ‘is’ is” statement, trying to wriggle out of an admission.  Ken Starr seized some email records or something and found out he was lying… that’s where the perjury charge came from.  (I think Clinton tried to stop Ken Star from obtaining the evidence, and that’s where the obstruction of justice charge came from as well… but I would have to do some re-reading to truly remind myself…)

Bottom line:  he lied under oath.

Subject material doesn’t matter.     Doesn’t matter whether he lied about his taxes under oath, lied about faking the Apollo missions under oath, or lied about his relationship with Lewinsky under oath.

He lied… under oath… in front of a grand jury.

That’s perjury.

Jay