[Vision2020] Fw: Nov. 28 - Dec. 3 -- Occupy the Capitol!!

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 24 21:49:29 PST 2011

I hate to be contrary again, but "no more cuts!"?  Really?  We're
something like 7 trillion in debt, and we are spending more than we have
coming in.  We have to cut spending.  Not cutting spending is not an
option.  The 1% could give all their worldly possessions to the
government and we'd still be in debt, and then what do you do about it
next year?

I think we'll probably have to raise taxes across the board, but the
biggest thing we have to do is stop throwing around money like it grew
on trees.  Cut those defense budgets, and cut some of the entitlement
programs and safety nets.  Basically, cut everything, but focus more
where there is the most bang for the buck.

The big fat cigar smoking backroom-dealing banker meme represents a
problem that we need to solve, but first we need to put out the fire
before we start replacing the wiring or upgrading the smoke alarms.

Paul