[Vision2020] Don't Shoot Obama?

Wayne Price bear at moscow.com
Wed Nov 16 17:42:39 PST 2011

Then there is the nasty problem of FEDERAL LAW:

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 84 > § 1751
Prev | Next
§ 1751. PRESIDENTIAL AND PRESIDENTIAL STAFF ASSASSINATION, KIDNAPPING,
AND ASSAULT; PENALTIES
How Current is This?
(a) Whoever kills
(1) any individual who is the President of the United States, the
President-elect, the Vice President, or, if there is no Vice
President, the officer next in the order of succession to the Office
of the President of the United States, the Vice President-elect, or
any person who is acting as President under the Constitution and laws
of the United States, or
(2) any person appointed under section 105 (a)(2)(A) of title 3
employed in the Executive Office of the President or appointed under
section 106 (a)(1)(A) of title 3employed in the Office of the Vice
President, shall be punished as provided by sections 1111 and 1112 of
this title.
(b) Whoever kidnaps any individual designated in subsection (a) of
this section shall be punished
(1) by imprisonment for any term of years or for life, or
(2) by death or imprisonment for any term of years or for life, if
death results to such individual.
(c) Whoever attempts to kill or kidnap any individual designated in
subsection (a) of this section shall be punished by imprisonment for
any term of years or for life.
(d) If two or more persons conspire to kill or kidnap any individual
designated in subsection (a) of this section and one or more of such
persons do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each shall
be punished
(1) by imprisonment for any term of years or for life, or
(2) by death or imprisonment for any term of years or for life, if
death results to such individual.
(e) Whoever assaults any person designated in subsection (a)(1) shall
be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than ten years, or
both. Whoever assaults any person designated in subsection (a)(2)
shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than one year,
or both; and if the assault involved the use of a dangerous weapon, or
personal injury results, shall be fined under this title, or
imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.
(f) The terms “President-elect” and “Vice-President-elect” as used in
this section shall mean such persons as are the apparent successful
candidates for the offices of President and Vice President,
respectively, as ascertained from the results of the general elections
held to determine the electors of President and Vice President in
accordance with title 3, United States Code, sections 1 and 2.
(g) The Attorney General of the United States, in his discretion is
authorized to pay an amount not to exceed $100,000 for information and
services concerning a violation of subsection (a)(1). Any officer or
employee of the United States or of any State or local government who
furnishes information or renders service in the performance of his
official duties shall not be eligible for payment under this subsection.
(h) If Federal investigative or prosecutive jurisdiction is asserted
for a violation of this section, such assertion shall suspend the
exercise of jurisdiction by a State or local authority, under any
applicable State or local law, until Federal action is terminated.
(i) Violations of this section shall be investigated by the Federal
Bureau of Investigation. Assistance may be requested from any Federal,
State, or local agency, including the Army, Navy, and Air Force, any
statute, rule, or regulation to the contrary notwithstanding.
(j) In a prosecution for an offense under this section the Government
need not prove that the defendant knew that the victim of the offense
was an official protected by this section.
(k) There is extraterritorial jurisdiction over the conduct prohibited
by this section.