[Vision2020] The 1% in Congress

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 15 18:01:29 PST 2011

If you want to critique my response to you, then please do so on the basis
of what I wrote, not on what you wish I'd have written & indeed apparently
hoped would provoke response.  Nowhere did I say anything about you not
watching "mainstream news," something I myself only rarely watch.

In spite of the fact that I don't rely on "watching mainstream news," I've
managed to inform myself about the OWS movement & have found that it has a
lot more depth than your research has uncovered for you.  Go figure.

You wrote:

"If nothing else, I miss out on the pop culture crap.  For example, I went
weeks wondering why a friend of mine kept saying "Winning!" and talking
about tiger's blood.  Tell me you don't envy me that."

What I don't envy you is the lack of an innate curiosity about what's going
on around you.  I, too, missed the whole Charlie Sheen thing when it was
current (just like I had no idea who Snooky or whoever was until some morons
attacked our president for knowing who she was), but once I heard about it,
I was curious.  Mind you, I don't see anything odd about having missed the
phenomenon; rather, what I find odd is that you had a friend making comments
you wondered about for weeks yet lacked the curiosity to ask the friend
about the comments  . . . or to try to learn about them on your own.

Ah, well, individuality is what makes life so interesting, isn't it?  You,
Ted, Wayne, and some others here know a lot more about anthropogenic climate
change than I could ever hope to learn, and I know a lot more about, for
instance, the agendas of some groups locally, statewide, and nationally to
back-door in theocracy than you've educated yourself about.

One last comment:  I personally don't see anything wrong with a movement
that focuses on how greed - individual & corporate - has brought this great
nation to the brink of destruction, and it annoys the heck out of me when
people like you want to grossly oversimplify the OWS message as "class
warfare" after having completely turned a blind eye to the real class
warfare that got us here.  Consciously ignoring that real class warfare
worked out real well for this nation, didn't it?  NOT.

Saundra