[Vision2020] Single-Vehicle Crash Kills Two UI Freshmen

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Sun Nov 13 09:40:25 PST 2011

On Sunday, November 13, 2011 07:32:40 AM Tom Hansen wrote:
> Courtesy of today's (November 13, 2011) Spokesman-Review.
> ------------------------------
> Single-vehicle crash kills two UI freshmen
> Early-morning rollover injures four other students
> Two University of Idaho students died early Saturday after a one-vehicle
> accident near Troy, Idaho, police said.
<[snip details]>

This likely is a lifelong memory-making event for some people who knew, or who
knew of, the individuals involved. Sometimes, whether or not a person wants to
remember such an event, the memory persists for years, decades, only to recur
at times like a quiet Sunday morning reading the newspaper or e-mail.

I remember the hometown kid who drowned in his twelfth summer, the carful of
young men who were lost driving home between semesters, the Theophilus Tower
roommate I had who was killed in a head-on accident the summer after my second
and his first year at the University.

One does not have to be a compulsive list maker, writing down all the
addresses at which one has lived, or all the phone numbers one has had, or all
of one's grade school and high school teachers, for these memories to recur.
They are just there, able to return, usually unbidden, with whatever sadness
or sweetness they may carry. C'est la vie.

Ken