[Vision2020] Moscow's Muscular Megalod Embrace

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Sat May 28 16:01:50 PDT 2011

Paul,

Below is what I see as the biggest misconception, or perhaps it's a misstatement, in your comments:

"I see this as an abuse of power because people (here
 on the list and in the papers) have made this into an issue based on
what this corporation does and not whether or not they are following the
 regulations regarding the moving of large loads along our highways."

You can't ABUSE power unless you actually have it. If one thing is clear, from the DOT to the Governor's office, to the City Council, it's that the people opposed to these shipments and the use of our roads have no power. If there has been an abuse of power, it's by the people who actually exercise power, not by those who oppose the shipments.

Would you say that those who oppose the Luna school reforms are abusing their power. If anyone did, that would be completely false; the opponents were against what was done by those WITH power.

What people are doing is using their right to make political statements, which is not an abuse of power.

Sunil