[Vision2020] Is This What Campus Security Has Been Reduced To?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon May 23 09:43:35 PDT 2011

Job announcement courtesy of UI at:

http://vandalweb.uidaho.edu/PROD/owa/ui_fa_jld.job_listing#847

-------------------------

Roving Campus Security Officers
Job #:     847
Rate of Pay:     $11.50/hr
Hours/Week:     8-40 hrs/wk
Number of Positions Available:  2
Start:     ASAP

End:     Indefinite

Qualifications:     21 or older. Availability and flexibility with
schedule; favorable motor vehicle record; favorable drug and background
screen; 3+ years driving history; proven ability to handle difficult
situations in a responsible, respectful and professional manner; ability
to maintain a clean and professional image; HS diploma or GED; reliable
transportation; physically capable to walk 8 hour patrols; ability to
return calls within 30 minutes, ability to lift 20 lbs.

are to make the campus community safer. We do that by making regular
visible patrols of the facilities to watch for potential safety hazards
and crimes; checking to ensure buildings are locked and secure;
documenting problems detected; and escalate issues to the university staff
that has responsibility for the area/facility or to the Moscow Police
Department as directed. The University of Idaho Security Team provides
Safe Walk services where we accompany students/faculty/staff across campus
to make sure they can safely traverse the campus without fear of personal
harm. We work closely with Moscow Police Department, the Facilities and
Building Services Staff, Student Affairs, and Housing as partners in
keeping the campus safe and secure.

Job Located in:     Moscow

Avoid them night classes, V-peeps.

Tom Hansen