[Vision2020] Exxon's Claim to Economic Boom for the Megaloads for Idaho

Tom Trail ttrail at moscow.com
Fri May 13 20:40:43 PDT 2011

Visionaries:   Exxon, Gov. Otter, and our Congressional delegation have
touted the great economic boom and economic development that will impact
Idaho because of the Exxon megaloads.  Obviously, the Port of Lewiston
is receiving some benefit.

However, the Exxon spokesman also noted the positive impact of workers
staying in motels, eating at local establishments, and the megaload trucks
filling up with gas at local gas stations.

BUT WAIT--tonight I talked to Marty Peterson, U of Idaho Lobbyist.  Marty
had talked with General Darrell Manning who works with the Idaho Transportation
Department.  General Manning said that all of the gas that the Exxon trucks use
hauling the megaloads is shipped down to Idaho from Canada in big Exxon
tankers.  So much for Exxon's "positive" economic impact on our Idaho economy.

Rep. Tom Trail
--
Dr. Tom Trail
International Trails