[Vision2020] I ran into Tom Luna Today

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Sun May 8 12:44:02 PDT 2011

I think you did well.  As long as Tom Luna believes his opposition is not “teachers” but “union goons,” he has a refuge he doesn’t even have to question. And as for the rest of the Idaho population, those “union goons are misleading you about the intent of the new laws.” Ignoring educational philosophy, even a cursory reading of the new laws has to leave one wondering about the funding.  The slight of hand he used to describe education funding is really toying with the truth.  As an example:  He zeroes out the lottery money which was dedicated to school building funds and puts it into the general fund, thereby using it to supplant general fund monies,,forever.   He calls this, “giving local boards more flexibility.”

Sue