[Vision2020] A Thought to Ponder

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri May 6 18:07:50 PDT 2011

"Ask yourself, if it's true that sex orientation is innate, is God-given,
then what does it mean to the moral force of your argument? To put it in
the vernacular, what I would ask is, 'How many more people does God have
to create before we ask ourselves whether or not God actually wants them
around? How many gay people does God have to create before we ask
ourselves whether the living of their lives the way they wish as long as
they don't harm others is Godly, holy, happy, glorious. thing.' I've
answered that for myself. I don't think everyone's answered that for
themselves. I'm comfortable with a society and tradition that bends toward
justice, fairness, wholeness, openness, compassion..."

- Minnesota State Representative Steve Simon's (D - Hopkins/St. Louis
Park) in the hearings before a House panel on Minnesota's ban on same-sex
marriage (May 5, 2011)

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXpOA3jPC04

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"The Pessimist complains about the wind, the Optimist expects it to
changeand the Realist adjusts his sails."

 - Unknown