[Vision2020] Angry Hens

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Thu May 5 18:20:30 PDT 2011

Where to start?

Kai writes:

'So, Wayne, if you really believe the relationship between two people is nobody else's business, then you really should "butt the f--k out".'

Show me where I said or implied anything like that.

Many elements of relationships between two or more people are public business.  We have a plethora of laws and case law on such, e.g. divorce law.  Part of the debate is where should these laws regulate relationships and what reasons can be given to support the pros and cons of such regulation.  Further, irrespective of the law, the issue your comments raise is:  Should freedom of expression be abrogated so that some of these relationship matters, which likely would adversely impact a third party, cannot be commented upon and/or discussed in public?

In fact, these issues are what Rose, Saundra, Tom, Paul, you, and I are doing, in part.  However, you going beyond that, say stop exercising your freedom of expression with respect to this case by discussing the facts and values relevant to this publically announced wedding.  Freedom of expression means that any topic is game for comment and discussion, not just those of which you approve, or only for reasons which you deem worthy.

The following is for Paul, also.

No one is arguing that Sitler and his bride-to-be do not have a legal right to get married.  [Although in some jurisdictions, pedophiles can be/are prohibited by law or by court order from living with, having unsupervised contact, or any contact with their own children.]

To say or imply that some of us are denying that Sitler has a legal to marry is simply arguing against a strawman, or less politely, lying.  That issue has been already decided by the courts:  pedophiles cannot be denied the right to marry.

The issue, and one that Rose has very clearly and succinctly articulated is:  Should this union occur if children are to be a product of it; and why are at least two so-called religious sects condoning this union given some of its likely outcomes?

To say there is not a public issue worth discussing here by saying the welfare of potential victims of sexual predation is nobody's business is certainly a position many of us would vehemently disagree.  And if you have followed Vision 2020 for a awhile, it is not only with respect to the Christ Church Cult that this issue (sexual child abuse) has been openly and candidly discussed.

Which of the following do you disagree with, and why?

1.  Sitler is a serial pedophile with numerous victims and instances of sexual predation in at least three states.  Now convicted.

2.  Many, if not all of Sitler's victims have been very young children.

3.  The probability of recidivism of serial pedophiles increases in direct proportion to the number of victims and the total number of sexual contacts with all victims, and inversely with the age of the victims -- the younger the victims, the higher the probability of recidivism.

4.  It is far more likely than not that Sitler will be a repeat offender given his history and the example again attached.

5.  The public has a legitimate interest in protecting children from sexual predators.

6.  The public interest in protecting children from sexual predation includes the freedom, if not the obligation, to discuss any situation where sexual predation may likely occur, and to take reasonable steps to prevent it.

Personally, I would not be concerned enough to comment in a public forum if Sitler's bride-to-be were sterile and had no interest in future adoptions.  I might think the union to be less than prudent and another instance of hypocrisy from the unholy cult and its ally, the Nazarene Church, but so be it.

The probability of the advent of children as a product of this union and their probable fate changes the ball game, drastically for me, for those who have candidly commented upon it here, and, for many more who have discussed this proposed union in person with one or more of us.

If either Kai or Paul disagree with 5 and 6 above, then further discussion would be useless.  The schism of value differences between us is too great to be bridged.

If not, then there is room to at least discuss the public interest issues raised by Sitler's sexual predilections and his pending marriage.

Wayne A. Fox
1009 Karen Lane
PO Box 9421
Moscow, ID  83843