[Vision2020] Despite La Nina, Moscow's Meteorological Winter (Dec./Jan./Feb.) Saw Below Ave. Precipitation

Craine Kit kcraine at frontier.com
Thu Mar 10 11:58:15 PST 2011

The official state archives for climate data -- including the original
observer's records -- was part of the Department of Biological and
Agricultural Engineering at the University of Idaho. It was called
"Idaho Climate Services". The BAE department still lists the services
and has some data at http://snow.cals.uidaho.edu/index.html. I'd
suggest calling the department to find out how to get the entire data
set -- or where to find it if the records have been relocated.

As for "quality" control, that means the observer records are reviewed
for potential human errors such as having a high temperature of 81 in
January or snow in August. Missing temperature data are also estimated
based on observations in the surrounding areas if possible. Overall,
the review is intended to increase the accuracy and reliability of the
data.

Kit Craine
Former database manager and quality control supervisor, Idaho Climate
Services

>>> http://pubs.giss.nasa.gov/authors/jhansen.html ) can resolve the