[Vision2020] Two Seperate Issues

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 12 19:40:09 PDT 2011

On 06/09/2011 10:49 AM, Art Deco wrote:
> So when Johnson and Rumelhart say that the so-called legal issues are
> the only considerations, they exhibit where their real values lie:
> so-called local legal issues are far more important that genocide,
> aiding and abetting the enemy, and environmental damage.  They may be
> comfortable with these values.  But when they claim they are
> "concerned" about the oil sands projects, what a bunch of hypocritical
> bullshit.  They made be "concerned" but hardly a whit's worth.
> If people, including Johnson and Rumelhart, are really concerned, then
> they can act.  Most of us are limited to acting locally through
> influencing our elected representatives and other agencies, not
> globally.  That's what we are doing.  There is a big difference
> between Johnson, Rumelhart, and their ilk and Rosa Parks.  I hope most
> of us are of her image, though none of us will shine nearly, nearly as
> brightly.
> w.

WTF?  I mean, seriously, what the frak?  We're talking about permits for
moving large loads across state highways.  How is this in any way
comparable to the civil rights movement?  If you care so gods damned
much, get off your ass, go to wherever the headquarters of Imperial Oil
is located, and protest the oil sands project.  Go save the world.
There are better avenues for doing this than abusing the IDT permit process.

I guarantee that you restrain your actions due to legal concerns, too,
else you'd have popped a cap in the ass of whoever is in charge of the
oil sands project by now.

Paul