[Vision2020] My Column / Megaloads & Hippies

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 00:18:26 PDT 2011

It appears that factual logical reasoning was not the primary focus of
this op-ed from Mr. Johnston, therefore attempting to engage him in
factual logical dialog to potentially refute his statements is a
fool's game.

I base this conclusion on the following comments from Mr Johnston:

"I'm glad to see I've raised the hackles of Moscow's keyboard
commandos here on Vision 2020!"

Angering rather than engaging in fact or reason, appears a motivation.

"My columns are simply the exercising of my first amendment rights to
share my opinion with whatever twist of humor I desire."

Again, humor, not fact or reason, a motivation.

Note he does not address any of the objections expressed on
Vision2020, to the facts or logic in his column, in his response on
Vision2020.

Why think he will in the future?

I suspect he will not engage in an in-depth dialog on Vision2020.
Why?  Because, as he phrased it, he might be "publicly and brutally
ripped... a new one..."

My goodness, such cruel language!  It is no surprise that someone who
thinks in this manner would mock and stereotype those he disagrees
with, as he did in this column, while asserting his noble "first
amendment rights."
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett