[Vision2020] 7-25-2011: Gold hits fresh record high at $1, 623.49/oz overnight

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 12:40:41 PDT 2011

Not quite. I'm simply arguing that a lot of people believe gold to be
the source of value, independent of its actual, practical uses. But
it's not. It's a good conductor, and it's pretty, and that's pretty
much all it's good for.

I mean, if the point you're trying to make is that if you buy
something before a bubble, you'll have made money when the bubble
reaches its peak, then I suppose I can't disagree with that. But if
you'd bought houses in 2003 and sold them in 2007, you'd have made a
tremendous amount of money, too. That doesn't mean that buying houses
is a good idea independent of market fundamentals.

-- ACS